Deviled Eggs are an app, a main, and a side. Sometimes, they’re the dessert’s dessert. They’re delicious any time of year, for any occasion: special birthday dinner, Thanksgiving, or just on Tuesday. And much like Guacamole, you really have to work hard to make too many.
At Southern Ground Nashville, I made these for a long list of artists and who knows how many corporate events and studio parties! Here's a few name drops
- Allison Kraus
- Carmella Ramsey
- Carrie Underwood
- Kip Moore
- Megadeth (they were in the studio for 6 weeks, so may appear in quite a few menus and recipes!)
- Old Dominion
- Shawna Thompson
For each 1 dozen, hard boiled eggs:
¼ c Duke’s Mayonaise
2 generous tbl yellow mustard
¼ c chopped bread and butter pickles
OR 24 slices ¼’ to ½” pickled okra
- Peel eggs and rinse well to be sure there’s no shell bits left on them
- Cut eggs in half, long ways and empty the fully cooked yolks into a separate bowl and plate the whites
- Smash the yolks with a fork or a hand mixer
- Add mustard and mayo and mix until smooth
- If using bread and butter pickles, add and combine well
- If using okra slices, hang tight!
- Using either a teaspoon or a piping bag, fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture and VIOLA! (I know how to spell it, but it’s much funnier this way) MANGIA! EAT AND SHARE!
Some folks make them lovely with a little sprinkle of paprika or cayenne, but I like them just like this.
If you’re waiting for the Okra instructions here you go! Top the filled eggs with one slice of okra and serve, being certain you’ve set some aside for yourself. ;)