This week's meal features the following local producers:
- Bell's Bend Farms -squash blossoms
- Farm and Fiddle - Nasturtium Flowers
- Rocky Glade Farm - Poblano Peppers
- SE Daugherty & Sons Farm - Cherry Tomatoes, Sweet Bi-color corn, Cucumbers, Okra, Yellow Squash
- ZMac Farms - Lettuce
- Kenny's Cheese - Chipotle Colby
- and my very own backyard! - Carrots
Thanks so much for your support! Look for more excitement here soon!
At some point [Tina] said, “I was going to make those hoe cakes and a Peach Cobbler, but I’m just too tired…”. All the eyes lit up in great joy for just a second. Since I could see the disappointment that immediately followed, and I was a couple beers and some moonshine in, I volunteered my buzzed-but-able self to make the cobbler.
Each quadrant was traced from the original and the four are intended to be identical, with the center symbolizing the bliss- y bits where the four scepters come together. This is carved into a 12”x12” mounted linoleum block. Of the three original prints, one belongs to me, one to Mikel, and one is in the personal collection of musician Dave Grohl.