This week's meal features the following local producers:
- Bell's Bend Farms -squash blossoms
- Farm and Fiddle - Nasturtium Flowers
- Rocky Glade Farm - Poblano Peppers
- SE Daugherty & Sons Farm - Cherry Tomatoes, Sweet Bi-color corn, Cucumbers, Okra, Yellow Squash
- ZMac Farms - Lettuce
- Kenny's Cheese - Chipotle Colby
- and my very own backyard! - Carrots
Thanks so much for your support! Look for more excitement here soon!
Start with good collards. The closer they are to having been harvested, the more flavor you’ll have in the pot and they’ll be more tender, too. This is a “know your farmer” kind of situation. Not all collards are created equal.