In March of 2014, Foo Fighters, with producer Butch Vig and engineer James Brown, alongside Jim Rota and the fine folks at Therapy Studios moved into Southern Ground Nashville for 10 days to film interviews, write and record a song, make a music video, and enjoy the spoils of our studio and of Music City.
This week's meal features the following local producers:
- Bell's Bend Farms -squash blossoms
- Farm and Fiddle - Nasturtium Flowers
- Rocky Glade Farm - Poblano Peppers
- SE Daugherty & Sons Farm - Cherry Tomatoes, Sweet Bi-color corn, Cucumbers, Okra, Yellow Squash
- ZMac Farms - Lettuce
- Kenny's Cheese - Chipotle Colby
- and my very own backyard! - Carrots
Thanks so much for your support! Look for more excitement here soon!
Start with good collards. The closer they are to having been harvested, the more flavor you’ll have in the pot and they’ll be more tender, too. This is a “know your farmer” kind of situation. Not all collards are created equal.
At some point [Tina] said, “I was going to make those hoe cakes and a Peach Cobbler, but I’m just too tired…”. All the eyes lit up in great joy for just a second. Since I could see the disappointment that immediately followed, and I was a couple beers and some moonshine in, I volunteered my buzzed-but-able self to make the cobbler.